We look forward to welcoming your group to the Memorial. First make sure you have booked your visit; bookings are essential for all visiting school groups.
Planning your visit
Before you arrive
- You need to advise us of any cancellations or number changes at least 5 working days prior to visiting.
- Please ensure a ratio of at least one accompanying adult to 15 students. Accompanying adults are free of charge.
When you arrive
- Remind students about appropriate behaviour at the Memorial. Teachers continue to have duty of care and responsibility for their group.
- Ensure you bring your completed PACER (Parliament and Civics Education Rebate) paperwork to be stamped.
- Parking: The road outside the schools entrance is for drop-off/pick-up only. Buses and coaches must park in the dedicated areas provided on Treloar Crescent.
While you're here
- Students should leave their bags on the bus. For the safety of the collection, teachers will be asked to wear backpacks on their front or carry them on their side.
- Food and drink is not permitted in the galleries, but bottled water and medication may be brought in.
- Pencils, rather than pens, should be used in the galleries if writing is necessary.
- Please note that photographs may be taken by Memorial photographers during your visit and uploaded to Flickr.
Schools are welcome to eat at the picnic areas behind the Memorial, on the base of Mt Ainslie, or beside Poppy's café. For further information call (02) 6262 9752.
Last Post Ceremony
If you would like to attend the daily Last Post Ceremony, please ensure that you note this in the "special comments" when you book online.
Important: due to high demand and limited space, not all requests to attend the Last Post Ceremony can currently be accommodated. Only schools who have a confirmed booking for the Last Post Ceremony (this will be noted on your information sheet when you arrive) will be able to stay.
Don't forget that school wreathlaying ceremonies continue to be available and are the commemorative activity designed specifically for visiting school groups.